Tuesday, June 8, 2010

September 2009

Stephen and I had worked together at Quaid Harley Davidson since April 24, 2007 and we had grown into being friends. He would constantly come sit at my desk (receptionist desk), against his uncles rules, and just talk to me. He would listen to anything and everything I was going through. This is where I heard stories about Steph and her puppies, about knocking out his front teeth, about his brothers and many other things.
Stephen had gotten really bad about remembering what time he worked at (its either 830 or 10... not too complicated) so he would call the shop almost every morning so that I could tell him when to come in. So I got into the habit of looking at his schedule every night so that I could tell him before I left. This went on for the entire time I worked for the Quad's.
Well on September 7, 2009 I had been house sitting for a friend in Riverside and for some reason while driving home I kept thinking of Stephen... so I simply sent a text to say hi. He replied and we ended up talking all night about nothing. The next day at work he asked me why I randomly said hi and I had no reason. I later found out he was surprised and suspicious but was glad I texted.
We went on like this for the next month (well there's not a day we didn't text each other but this was before we became official lol). On the night of September 28 (a Monday) we had been talking and Stephen texted me with "Something I have never told you is: i kinda like you." I was ecstatic for about 3 minutes! I replied with "Well I kinda like you too" and he crushed it all with "I think we shouldn't talk anymore since we work together." I was so embarrassed, i finally opened up and told him my feelings and our feelings were mutual but were not going to be allowed to go anywhere! I called in sick that Tuesday (sorry Elaine) because I did not want to face him! That Tuesday Stephen "forgot" his phone at home so I did not hear from him at all; I spent the day thinking about whether or not I should pursue this guy or not! Nothing a spa day didn't fix! :D I got home that night and had a few missed text from Stephen (once he got home he texted) and I knew he was worth my time, I knew I could love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment